Food Lion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZA50 issues!

4 posters

Go down

ZA50 issues! Empty ZA50 issues!

Post  abracadaver July 10th 2009, 7:12 pm

sup y'all, i figured i'd come to food lion because i'm so anxious and not getting shit for responses on MA. so i was hoping you guys coudl help me out. i just got this beeeeeeautiful puch maxi sport mk2. it was bought off a guy who had it sitting in his garage for 6 months because it stopped working and he didn't know how to fix it. i replaced the plug immediately and it started up - but there's a weird issue.
it would start off fine, but when it got to second gear (or what sounded like the secondgear ), it made this strange rubbing sound, it didnt sound like grinding or anything liek that, but it would happen, and it would kill the engine, throttling obviously making it worse. i tried draining the fluid and there was almost none in it, could this be the problem of the gear issue?
anyhow, after i took off the engine cover i noticed when i spin the bell, or even just the first gear, the bell starts to move back and starts rubbing against the second gear – is that normal? i also was curious because i notice the axle that has both gears on it is pretty wobbly, i would figure that would be pretty stuck – could this be my problem?
I also realize there could be a potential issue with the pucks, but those are pretty buried in there, i was going to check that if i needed to, but i was wondering if anything i encountered so far was the source of the problem.

fuck that was long. please please please help, this beautiful beast has been out for 6 months and i've been out of the peddy game for almost half of that. someone tell me they know some shit about ZA50's. they're tricky bastards.

(p.s. nice seeing you guys at the fourth of july party!)

abracadaver

Back to top Go down

ZA50 issues! Empty Re: ZA50 issues!

Post  abracadaver July 10th 2009, 7:46 pm

here's a video of what i was talkin about too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N13jTfTOePs

abracadaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Buk July 10th 2009, 8:26 pm

If I had to guess I'd say it's the pucks...ZA's are notorious for that,

Our resident Orlando expert on all things ZA has left for Canada so I'm afraid your kind of lost on local advice. Rich (poweredbypuch on MA) over near Tampa would be your best bet for knowledge...be patient with his email as he doesn't check it often.
Buk
Buk

Back to top Go down

Post  Buk July 10th 2009, 8:27 pm

oops the correct name would be "ragstretcher"
Buk
Buk

Back to top Go down

Post  abracadaver July 10th 2009, 8:38 pm

yeah that's what i was afraid of. it's sketchy diggin all the way to the second gear to get them out. there was this dude on MA parting out a ZA50 and i wanted to buy his pucks, but for some reason people hate to respond to my posts when i'm in need of them most. although, i've been reading a lot on how you can make your own pucks, would you happen to know of what sort of materials i'd use for that, or dimensions i should be tailoring them to?

& also - just to clarify, the shifting of the axle or the bell rubbing on the second gear isn't a problem?

abracadaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Provencio July 11th 2009, 11:28 am

Not o familiar with Puch so all I can say is good luck brother!
Provencio
Provencio

Back to top Go down

Post  Buk July 11th 2009, 12:28 pm

The best advice I have for you is to check the Wiki and search the repair forum. I'm strictly a single speed type of guy Razz
Buk
Buk

Back to top Go down

Post  fishsticks July 11th 2009, 3:16 pm

I know knothing of za's but I do remember seeing pucks for sale somewhere. Search the buy/sell way back and treats, 77... Good luck
fishsticks
fishsticks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum