Food Lion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exhaust gurus... here ya go

5 posters

Go down

exhaust gurus... here ya go Empty exhaust gurus... here ya go

Post  nelly17 August 27th 2009, 9:56 am

ok gurus, here is the test.

I want to know which pipe configuration is closest to the bends of a tomos A35. It needs to be ride side exit. I really want a top end pipe like a garelli or simonini. The welder dude I know can pretty much do anything but I want it to look good as well. Would a Pugeot Simonini line up ok? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Onell

"Black and Mild"
nelly17
nelly17

Back to top Go down

exhaust gurus... here ya go Empty Re: exhaust gurus... here ya go

Post  Steve Bean August 27th 2009, 11:13 am

There's no way to really guesstimate the Peugeot Simonini, as I've never seen it on a different brand. That pipe is on a whole different wavelength, what, with the spring-mount rather than a flange. If you were willing to put in the work or have your welder put in the work, you could make it happen, for sure. It won't be easy, though.

As far as being close to a Tomos, you could try a Bennasar. A lot of them are sold out, but of the ones that are left, there are several that say "right exit, possible Tomos applications". It definitely won't mount right up but it will be a lot closer than a Peugeot pipe.

Here's the Bennasar section on Treats
A couple cool right hand exit pipes in stock..

http://www.treatland.tv/minarelli-V1-bennasar-80cc-turbo-p/bennasar-minarelli-073.htm
http://www.treatland.tv/minarelli-V1-bennasar-chopper-reverse-p/bennasar-minarelli-111.htm

And my Pinto with a Benny...
exhaust gurus... here ya go DSC00411-1
Steve Bean
Steve Bean
Admin

http://thehumanbeans.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nelly17 August 27th 2009, 11:15 am

thanks steve. Ill look into those right now
nelly17
nelly17

Back to top Go down

Post  shushine4neptune August 27th 2009, 12:01 pm

steve. your like a book of knowledge.. and casual sex
shushine4neptune
shushine4neptune
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/dylan86townsend

Back to top Go down

Post  Provencio August 27th 2009, 2:20 pm

EPIC info! haha

So what do you guys think of the Tecno Estoril, I'm thinking of snagging that because my roommate wants to buy the pipe off of me so now I can rock a new pipe! I would love to find a MF Power Pipe though! I heard it dishes all around power, What have you guys heard?
Provencio
Provencio

Back to top Go down

Post  Provencio August 27th 2009, 2:23 pm

Also, I'm seeing that the Bennasar pipes are rate for 80cc, would putting that on a lower cc kit kill its performance?
Provencio
Provencio

Back to top Go down

Post  nelly17 August 27th 2009, 3:11 pm

mattogar says the estoril is the worst pipe he's ever had and god knows he's had everything
nelly17
nelly17

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Bean August 27th 2009, 5:39 pm

The Estoril is very setup-specific. Some kits work well with the dynamics of that pipe, others
don't, whereas a classic, conservative expansion design like a Biturbo/Bullet will work on pretty
much anything. If you derestrict an Estoril and take a little bit of length out of the header, it
can be a decent top end pipe.

As far as the MF Power Pipe and the Bennasar 80/90cc pipes go, this is where expansion shape recognition comes into play. The MF pipe has a long ass header. Long header = more backpressure = more torque = more lowend. Not a worthwhile pipe if you're looking for top speed. The Bennys need to be interpreted for what they are; big mamma jammas. Don't take the 80/90cc rating too rigidly. I could put one on a 64cc Polini and rip. Question is, will a stock Tomos cylinder or an off the shelf Tomos Airsal work well with that chamber? Stock cylinder, hell no. Kit, maybe. The chamber is so big that you will be sacrificing low end, and possibly risking not hitting the powerband at all. I would say ported kit plus some form of clutch tuning would be necessary for one of those big jawns.
Steve Bean
Steve Bean
Admin

http://thehumanbeans.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishsticks August 27th 2009, 6:12 pm

Listen to Steve. Any pipe that mounts and has the same sort of flange mount, puch, tomos, garelli, minarelli... will easily adapt to a tomos. You could also make it super easy by purchasing the tomos header and cutting the pipes header off, and weld the two together to have the perfect bend. Or sacrifice a stock header, though I havent seen a tomos pipe, they might be small and restrictive.

Danny, I have heard a much different story with the estoril for tomos. Though I have no first hand experience, it is more of an all around pipe, which is hard to find as far as two strokes go.
fishsticks
fishsticks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nelly17 August 27th 2009, 7:16 pm

Hey Steve, with that biturbo i sold you, did you use the header/flange portion of it or just the rear section? If so, lemme get the flange part son! See you guys in a little bit!!!
nelly17
nelly17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum