Food Lion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puch Maxi project help

3 posters

Go down

Puch Maxi project help Empty Puch Maxi project help

Post  daniel August 3rd 2009, 6:22 pm

hi

my name is Daniel i have a 1980 puch maxi stock with a stock e50 eng bing carb and so on. I want to upgrade my maxi i have 300.00 bills and am looking at 70cc kits with hi compr heads wondering whats the best way to get my puch faster and reliable. Any idea's in kits? carbs? intakes? Pipes? i've looking at treats and 1977 moped for parts but not sure whats the best way to go with 300.00 to spend. I'm looking at more low end for faster bust but also want a good topend nothing to crazy but 50 mph at it top but be fun. Any idea's?

thanks

p.s. j didle is my roomate he has the tomos

daniel

Back to top Go down

Puch Maxi project help Empty Re: Puch Maxi project help

Post  fishsticks August 3rd 2009, 6:42 pm

hey Daniel, welcome. First off, does the bike currently run? If not I would strongly recommend getting it in good running condition before you add anything performance wise. Trouble shooting a bike w/ a newly installed kit is the last thing you want to do. As for doing 50, and still having low end, its going to be difficult and still keep it reliable. Now having low end and doing 40-45 is another thing. With three hundo, you can easily get a nice setup, but as I said, it wont be going anywhere unless the bike is already in good running condition. alien
fishsticks
fishsticks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel August 3rd 2009, 8:41 pm

Thanks for the reply , and yes it does run I started it today after about 2 weeks of sitting . Its ran pritty well got her up to 25 mph. I put a new fual line in and put a filter on. I wouldn't say its ready to be a daily driver yet I think there's a timing issue or a point issue engin isn't sounding right I noticed today that there's a taping sound coming from the head and while riding once hiting full throtle it would would go but start bog down.? I'm going to try working on the timing see if that works and ideas?

Ill been trying to go with j didle to the rides but I wanna get it good to go so I can complete the the ride.

daniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Buk August 3rd 2009, 10:25 pm

Was this a recent purchase? Hopefully it isn't green Razz

If you have limited knowledge of 2-strokes it's best to start off slowly... A simple carb and pipe upgrade will get you in the mid to upper thirties without much low end lost. 15mm Bing carbs are dead reliable and a Proma GP is a great low/mid range pipe. When time comes to add a kit you can either keep both or sell them with minimal $ lost.
Buk
Buk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum